Thursday, January 17

love letters . . .



the love letter valentine kit is a treasure tin 5" X 3" filled with vintage treats for you to make your own valentines.
please click on image for a larger view.

contents: cupid the postman ( with a conveniently placed box of chocolates ) is a german scrap image from the 1920's, two sizes of german paper lace originally used to line candy boxes, vintage ledger paper that folds into a tiny envelope, dennison red bordered labels size 201 and 205 ( i do not recommend licking them after all these years ), a bundle of vintage string resting on a length of pink polka dot bias trim, wound around a vintage playing card is some red and pink lace that may have been on your mothers housecoat in 1950, a spray of red lily of the valley, tiny pink flocked daisies, several red velvette hearts and a cream applique, hand sewn crepe paper ruffle 1/2" wide, and finally several seals punched from vintage wallpaper, ledger paper and crepe paper.



from my studio these valentines made with elements from the love letters kit



velvette daisies, ledger paper and vintage rhinestones. stickles glitter glue in platinum by ranger.





wool felt heart stitched to water color paper with a silk blossom from a vintage hat.





dennison red bordered label with ruffled crepe paper. sewn with metalic silver thread on vintage wallpaper.



vintage velvet pillow used to make the stuffed heart sewn on paper with red lily of the valley flower buds with pearl centers.
small vintage pearl earing surrounded by a piece of tatting from an old collar. titled- love life



for your purchase there are 10 love letter valentine kits available for $24.95, shipping and handling to the US will be $4.95.
please email me at juliecollings2003@hotmail.com to order your own valentine.

xo julie

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love what you create with your kit!

Marina Collings Whiting said...

24.95!!!!!


theyre beautiful, really they are.

Beehive Art Salon said...

*sigh* I still love that red velvet heart best, Julie. Are you selling the valentines you made? hint hint

Unknown said...

the Valentines....... I just love my crepe paper valentine kit and just drool over your beautiful creations.........lovely

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Wow!!!
This kit is amazing!!!! Yum!!!
:)

Dede Warren said...

Love is in the air all around bloglandia. The kit and cards are darling! So up my alley!! Look forward to meeting you soonly!!

Dede

Sweet Petunia said...

Oh...this box is so lovely. I don't think I would take anything out since it is just beautiful. See you soon.

mendytexas said...

I saw your blog in my new Somerset Blogging and I just love it! Your photos are beautiful and your entries and wonderful! Happy Valentine's Month!! :)mendy

Anonymous said...

Your art touch is so darling!

I love the feelings your images gently bring to my heart.

slightly cluttered yet so clean... It is like the perfect balance for me, nothing too much -- nothing left out

melissa mccobb hubbell said...

have you got any left Julie? I can't resist....

Melissa
mmhubbell@earthlink.net

Anonymous said...

Love your Valentines on ledger paper!!

Nabeel said...

i loved the little gift box with so many cute little things .. sweet and warm .. i wrote a poem once titled "Love Letters"

Jennifer said...

Just came across your blog...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

Queen of Tarte said...

Greetings, Just read about you in the new Artful Blogging...wonderful article and great photos. Happy blogging!!

Cindy Dean said...

Very Cute Julie.
Hey...congrats on the article in Artful Blogging! Way to go!

Just a bed of roses said...

Hi Julie, just visited your website and your blogging after finding you in the new wonderful artful blogging book, what a special treat that must be. I too live in utah and have a shop in Farmington although I live in West haven. i am not sure we have met before. If not please come visit me,and i for sure will read your bloggings, its something i love to do and do myself as the store too has a website and blog. Hope this book creates wonderful new friends for you so your can inspire them with your work. congratulations!

Nerissa Alford said...

Your Valentine samples are gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration!
Nerissa

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Sigh.......with each passing photo, my heart flutters :) Thanks for the eye candy! Absolutely darling.

Jeanne said...

These Valentine Kits look great and the creations you made with the contents are so wonderful. One is better than the next!

xo jeanne

Renee said...

Just saw your blog in Artful Blogging mag & had to stop by for a visit!I loved your pics in the magazine & can't wait to look through your archives to see your beautiful work!Anyways,gotta add you to my list of must visit blogs...does that list ever end?lol!Renee

Gayle said...

Julie - How exciting to find your blog in the new issue of Artful Blogging! I live just down the hill from you in Clinton - hey! I heard Morgan has a new quilt shop? Need to drive up and take a look. Congratulations on your feature article!
Gayle
dyeing2hook@msn.com

Just a bed of roses said...

Hi again Julie,so sorry I missed you at the shop yesterday, would loved to have visited with you. Hope you were inspired and enjoyed your visit, please stop in again... when it quits snowing, my goodness can you even find your home in all the snow? I am not traveling to open up today, so its a stay at home creating day for me...my favorite! many WARM wishes to you, Brenda justabedofroses.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Julie, finally got a copy of artful blogging today...enjoyed your feature. And love that red velvet heart piece in this post...a treat indeed.

Jaimee McClellan said...

Your Valentines are precious. I love every one!

Anonymous said...

These are so inspiring! ...Makes me want to get out all my supplies and go to work!

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...